Wednesday, September 4, 2013

kitchen knobs makeover

We all know that a little paint goes a long way, and since I can't replace the counters on my own yet - those REALLY need to go - I decided to do something more simple to get the makeover underway again. 


The house came with brushed nickel knobs on all the cabinets. They look great, but I wanted to spruce them up a bit. I've seen some great photos of white cabinetry with shiny black knobs, which is why I decided it would be a great look in our kitchen. Nevermind the navy, laminate counters - again, those need to go. I felt the black was good for the long term.

So, I unscrewed the nearly 25 knobs/handles and got started by cleaning them off a bit. And the drawers... ew.


Anyway, I used Hammered Black spray paint by Rustoleum. It has a cool texture too it, which brings it to another level of sleek.


Like it? Because I do. 

Here's what the cabinets look like now with the freshly painted knobs:


Ah, another project checked off. Feels good... again. And now, I'm already starting more kitchen projects that weren't on my list this week (like painting the pantry doors and picking out wall colors) ... it's like a disease! 

No comments:

Post a Comment