Wednesday, September 11, 2013

finding the happy every day


The other day I spent nearly an hour browsing Barnes & Noble between plans. I forgot how calming and refreshing it was to be surrounded by so many books - the written word - and enjoy the environment of a book store/coffee shop. 

Amidst the browsing, I came across this journal sporting the quote, "Do more of what makes you happy." I had to snatch it up as it was a perfect fit for me right now. This month and the few to come are ones of change. Both Sam and I have taken on new roles professionally; jobs that also give us some room for various lifestyle changes as well. 

This journal felt just right when I thought about everything changing for us. With the new change in my day-to-day routine, I've found a renewed sense of energy - both mentally and physically - that has given me opportunity to really pursue the things I've wanted to do for so long: more yoga, more DIY projects, more writing, more reading and so on. 

Said simply: I want to do more of the things that make me happy. Pursue the things that bring me alive. and bring things that felt lost in translation back to the forefront. With some recent inspiration, I've found ways to push them back into my routine, and there's no slowing down from here on out.

In a season of becoming, it's important to feel empowered and happy. And with this little notebook, I'll keep doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment